Thursday, May 9, 2013

5.9 Cosplay Plans

Let me make a post about cosplay! So I can organize my thoughts.

I'm still trying to figure out what my cosplays are for Otakon. I know I want to cosplay a Flareon gijinka, but other than that I don't really have any ideas. The main problem is the weather -- it's going to be super hot in Baltimore in the middle of August. So I'm wary of any cosplays that are a considerable amount of clothes. And it kind of rules out the cosplays I already have.

I just realized I could easily do an Ash Ketchum cosplay easily if I get guy's shorts instead of jeans and maybe go for a black tank top instead of a t-shirt.

Ok so that's two cosplays. I can't think of any more that are fairly easy. Oh well. I'm planning to make a skirt for Flareon, which is going to be my first time fully making an article of clothing. Usually I just buy something and modify it. It shouldn't be all that hard, but I also need to make (or find) shorts to wear underneath it. Or I could try making shorts instead of a skirt. Plaid shorts, though? Maybe I can find some at a thrift store.

This post was kind of pointless because I didn't accomplish much. But my tentative cosplays for Otakon are:

  • Flareon gijinka
  • Ash Ketchum (slightly modified so I don't die of heatstroke)

No comments:

Post a Comment