Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Current Makeup Kit

I do actually use makeup. Just ... rarely. Really rarely. Meaning: cosplay. And concealer and maybe mascara if I want to look nice for the day.

I don't remember where I got most of these or how much they cost. They were most likely from Target or CVS and were most likely under $5, especially if I had a coupon. Everything is definitely under $10. Because I'm cheap. Also, I'm super pale, so keep that in mind in regards to the colors I chose.

BB cream: I used this as my foundation until I found my foundation again, which matched my skin color better. I use the BB cream now for when I don't want to look as pale as I normally do. (And it has sunblock in it.) 

Foundation: I actually forgot I  had this for the longest time;; It had started to separate so I put didn't use it often. And then it got completely replaced by the BB cream until I rediscovered the foundation bottle. I shook it up more and it works just fine! 

Eyeliner pencil and mascara: I bought these because they were supposed to work well with my eye color. There were at least three different color options (at least for green, blue, and brown eyes). I actually can't tell what color my eyes truly are, because different people tell me different things and they're more of a mix of both colors to me. 

I really don't remember what set I bought. The other set I was debating was something along the lines of "sapphire blue".

Concealer: I think I've had this the longest? I use it to cover up zits if they're really bothering me. It doesn't make them go completely away (you can still tell I have something), but it does do a really good job at making them look less bad. 

Eyeliner pencil: To be honest, I don't think I've ever really used this for eyeliner. I've always used it to darken my eyebrows;; The black tends to smudge, though I don't know if I put too much on my face at one time. The green has worked really well when I've used it for my Gumi cosplay. 

I keep everything in a cute bag I picked up from Otakon! I also have a SHINee "Sherlock" pouch and a cute Rapunzel and prince-like couple, but I don't have pictures of those bags. All three were made by this lovely artist!

The other side of the pouch is cute too! 

I also attempted to swatch my concealer, BB cream, and foundation (from left to right), but I think I used too much... 

I don't think my hand makes for a very good model, because a lot of my face has a pinkish tint that my hands don't have. It's also winter so my hands are constantly dry and cracked, which is pretty obvious;; 

I also did a Target run before Katsucon. The liquid eyeliner I haven't opened yet, but it was to replace one I had a year ago that got lost in my backpack and dried out. I suck at liquid eyeliner, so it'll mainly be for my Matryoshka Gumi makeup. The pencils are combination eyeliner / eyebrow pencils, which have worked well during a cosplay test so far! The powder foundation is to (hopefully) keep my makeup better ... sealed? Is that the right word? The powder foundation is also really nice. 

 I took before and after photos of a quick makeup test, but I don't like how they turned out, so I'm not going to include them. Sorry! Anyway, this is all the makeup I use when cosplaying. And it'll probably stay that way for a while, as I don't see myself running out of any of the makeup anytime soon;;

No comments:

Post a Comment