Sunday, August 2, 2015

Camp Nano Results July 2015

Who knows which number Camp NaNo this is I've done. It's like the fourth or fifth by now, I think. One day I should go back and actually count. Camp NaNos are always my favorite to do, since they happen twice as often as November NaNos do and they have flexible word counts.

Drum roll:

I won!!


The last couple days of the bar graph are missing since I wrote this blog post a little early -- we went on a mini vacation the last three days of July and I wanted to make sure I had the blog post written.

I use a monthly calendar from the Washington Post to keep track of what I write each day and how much, so here's what this month actually looked like! The word counts per day are up at the top, the red numbers are cumulative word counts from the beginning of the year, and green are cumulative for the month. 

As of July 27th, I had written 25,083 for the month of July and 175,401 words for the year. My Camp NaNo goal was 25k (as usual) since that's half the word count of a November NaNo. I'm really proud of how I did! 

The past couple Camp NaNos I've said I wanted to work on projects other than Aperture but I rarely actually did. This time I actually started out with a different project! I managed to work on the story I'm co-writing with my friend as well as two ideas that are completely my own, and I got a lot more than I expected. I worked on a total of four different projects, though the majority was still on Aperture. It gave me some pretty good groundwork to continue working on the other four though, since I got a better hold of the voices of each narrator, so I'm exited! 

Also, as a note for how my calendar works: all the words written in black are for Aperture. Words or phrases in parentheses mean they're chapters or scenes that don't have titles yet, but everything else not in parentheses (like Guess Who) means they're named chapters. The non-Aperture projects (Rewrite, Casanova, and Duality project) just had the story names since I don't know if I'm going to use chapter names for them. Those projects are still really young compared to Aperture and don't nearly have as many ideas behind them yet. 

Speaking of Aperture: I'm going to have a blog post specifically about it coming up in the next week or so! That's all I'm gonna mention right now ;) I'm really excited (and a little nervous) about it. Please look forward to it! ♥ 

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Joy! :) and omg Aperture Post YESSSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! ♥ The Aperture post isn't going to be too long, but I'm hoping to do a couple of them over the next few months as a kind of mini-series.

    ReplyDelete