Saturday, January 26, 2013

1.26 -- cosplay

Today we went to a thrift store and I found better pants for my Jack Frost cosplay, so I decided to compare my cosplay to the mock-up pieces I have. Sorry for the quality, I took all the pictures with my iPod.


The sweatshirt on the right was the first one I tried to make, but the dye didn't work out as well as I hoped so I've been using it as an everyday sweatshirt instead. The one on the left was ordered off Amazon in Royal Blue and turned out a lot better than the first one. 


The pants on the left are corduroy pants I bought from Target when I bought the white sweatshirt (that later turned periwinkle). The darker ones I just bought today. They still need to be modified a lot, though. 






The pants need to be tighter both around the legs and waist, because they're loose on me;; 


My gijinka Audino for a group cosplay from Black Adventures I'm hoping to do with my friends. I was originally going to by a cream-colored dress of some sort, but looking through my closet I realized that I have clothes that work just fine. I like how the pants look, but they're actually for a different cosplay and the skirt is closer to the look I was going for. I also forgot that I bought a white scarf for this cosplay as well;; 




I decided I'm probably going to wear fem!Green Oak to Katsu instead of my Matryoshka outfit. It looks really good, and all I have to worry about is finding shoes for it. The outfit is also entirely re-used, either from buying the pieces second-hand or from cosplays that I'm not using. I tried on the skirt for the heck of it but I don't like how it looked. 


So, my current lineup for Katsu is Jack Frost, gijinka Audino, and fem!Green Oak. None of them are 100% complete in the way that I'd like them to be, but I need to focus on Jack because it's the least done... 

No comments:

Post a Comment