Sunday, January 27, 2013

1.27 -- cosplay update

This morning I tried to work with the pants I bought yesterday, but I figured it was too much work than it was worth. I pretty much would have needed to take the entire thing apart at the hems and re-sew it, and even then it wasn't guaranteed that it would work like I hoped. So instead, I went to AC Moore and bought Rit fabric dye in Cocoa Brown and dyed the original pants I bought for Jack.


The color came out better than I expected, so I'm really happy with the results! My hands are stained slightly brown because I was too impatient to track down latex gloves, but it should wash off in a few days. 




We also went to a consignment store today and I tried on a few pants to see if I could avoid using dye (because of the whole turning-my-hands-colors issue.) I took a picture of two I considered, but they were either not the exact color or not the right fit. :L The sweatshirt is my mockup one; I really like wearing it around the house and out places, even if it probably gets some strange looks.



Yeah, my hands look strange. I also painted more frost onto the staff, so it looks a little bit better. And cooler, in my opinion. Hopefully sometime this week I'll work mutilating the pants, and I'm hoping to add glitter to the frost on the sweatshirt. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you can really see the difference in color on your hand! I'm glad things are basically going in your favor instead of the usual, well, not. ^_^'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was worse when I tried to dye the sweatshirt;; But yeah, things are kind of going ok so far! I haven't made all too many mess-ups.

      Delete
    2. Wow really? I can't imagine. ;; But that's good! x3

      Delete