Friday, September 27, 2013

Alaska Trip Photos pt. 2

Here are the photos from my iPod: 

We had to be at Reagan really early in the morning to fly out. The sunrise was really pretty! The glass reflected too many of the interior lights though :L


Our hotel in Anchorage had these in the lobby. There was also a goat in the breakfast room. The lobby looked like the inside of a cabin, and for some reason it reminded me of the one hotel we stayed in in Wisconsin.

I could not find a keychain with my name on it and it made me mad. 




And they didn't have "Jack" ones either D:




Our other hotel had a lot more animals than the first one.

It was super creepy.

Like, what is it about Alaska that makes things like this okay?


Why would you put this right in front of the door

I got this at Otakon! It's pretty comfy :)

Our room looked out on the lake.


There was a group of hipsters that were outside around breakfast and were goofing off and taking pictures. 










The main house at the gold mine had a player piano, which scared me before I realized what it was...






We tried making snowballs but the ice was pretty packed. And I'm not sure we were supposed to.






Dad made a little snowman.










My hands were really red because of how chilly it was (and that I wouldn't wear my gloves.)


We visited a huge bookstore that sold used books (and some new ones). I was able to find PokeSpe in Japanese, which made me super happy! 
I also found one of the books in English at a B&N in Anchorage, but I didn't buy it so I could get novels. 
I really liked The Ghost and the Goth; it was kind of fluffy but a nice difference from Struck, which I read first. It was a lot different from what I expected, and it was a little too dark for me. I ended up returning it once we got home. 

We left Alaska around 1am local time. It wasn't as dark as it was at home, which was kind of odd. The airport was also really busy for the middle of the night. 

 So I pulled an all-nighter on the way home -- I stayed up until 6:00am EST before napping on the plane, just because I saw it as my closest chance to ever making it. I saw a shooting star before I fell asleep though, which was really nice! 




And that's it! I don't know if the videos will work...

No comments:

Post a Comment