Sunday, October 4, 2015

Fave New Music: August / September

It's that time again! I combined months (again), but this time time it was because I had very few new songs in August. September's been a pretty good month. (Ironically, this post was initially scheduled for the 1st, but I pushed it back because I hadn't finished it. I had two months and I didn't bother putting it together in time. But now it's done!)


This time I'm also leaving in the song title and author in the post, because YouTube videos have a tendency to go missing or break. And also so I know what song I'm talking about when I'm writing, since Blogger doesn't show me the titles of the embedded videos. 

Counting on Love -- Matt McAndrew

The video has minor sound effects. I usually try to avoid linking to such videos, but there's no official audio video for this, and the sound effects don't actually distract from the music, so I figured they're okay. 

I don't remember how I found this song. I'm pretty sure it was through Spotify. 

Lean On -- Major Lazer, MO, DJ Snake

I first remember hearing DJ Snake's music (or at least matching their music to a name) during our June vacation, which is why I associate this song with the vacation even though I added it to Spotify at the end of September. (I associate a lot of music with the vacation that I didn't actually hear until after the fact. It's kind of strange.)

Cecilia and the Satellite -- Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness

I heard this for the first time on the radio Labor Day weekend and found it on my Spotify Discover Weekly playlist that same evening, which I think was pretty lucky.

Beautiful Now -- Zedd

I heard this song a lot when I had the radio on all afternoon one day trying to finish my homework. I don't actually have it added to Spotify, but I thought it was worth mentioning. It's a chill song. 

Unbelievable -- Owl City / Hanson

C'mon how can I not like a new Owl City song? I really like the nostalgic feel of this song. 

Light up the Sky -- Yellowcard

Ironically, "light up the sky" is part of the lyrics of "Beautiful Now". 

This is one of two songs from the album Paper Walls that I associate with Aperture, the other being the song "Fighting". I don't remember how I tracked this song down. On a side note, I didn't realize Yellowcard was still coming out with new music. I'll have to check that out. 

Uptown Funk cover -- Tyler Ward, Two Worlds

I found this cover through an acoustic playlist on Spotify, and almost immediately after it dropped from Spotify (for copyright reasons, I'm assuming.) But I found it on YouTube! 

Cool for the Summer -- Demi Lovato

This is one of the other songs I associate with our June vacation despite being pretty sure it wasn't out then. I don't know. I also associate this with my best friend, and for whatever reason I keep thinking the person the song is about is a girl. (I'm pretty sure those two points are related. I think it might've come up on the ride to Otakon this year.) But I actually like the song better assuming that Demi Lovato is singing about another girl.
 ┐( •̀ᄇ• ́)┌

Blue cover -- Cruise Control

I don't remember how I found this one. I feel like it was probably through a Spotify throwback Thursday playlist. Anyway, this is one of my favorite songs, and I'm pretty sure I didn't even realize this was a cover the first time I listened to it. (I also think I listened to the Kidz Bop version more than the original, so that probably has to do with it.)

Helsinki Art Scene -- Satellite Stories

I found this song through my friend when we went driving in his new Jeep. He has a really good mix of music, especially songs I haven't heard before, so it's always really fun to get to listen to his iPhone on shuffle. This one really stuck out to me for some reason and I managed to remember the title.

I have a feeling the Spotify embed to this will break. They tend to disappear between times I edit this post. 눈_눈

I had Cool For The Summer on here twice. I don't know how I didn't catch that in the first four times I worked on this post. 

Can't Feel My Face -- The Weeknd

I hear this a lot on the radio. I think I kind of associate this one with Aperture, too, though I don't know if that's because I associate it with the June vacation or what. (I'm not even sure. At this point I'm kind of figuring half these songs actually were out at the time, but I didn't write them down.)


Thunderstruck -- Owl City

So with some editing I think I've figured out that the Spotify links don't work if they're on a separate line than the title. I really don't understand why, and it messes with my zen, but I don't know of any other way to get them to stay in the post without disappearing. It's really stupid.

This is the other song on the album "Mobile Orchestra" that I really like. It's got a bit of a dubstep feel to it, but it's not obnoxious. It's actually a pretty nice touch. Come to think of it, I'm not actually sure I've listened to the entire album ...

Anyway, that's it! Let me know if any of the videos break or if you liked any of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment