Saturday, March 18, 2017

Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye

TL;DR magic in imperial Russia
TBR #1303, added Jul 18, 2015
finished 3/2/17

This was a nice read. I'm finding that I like stories set in Russia (roughly) in this time period, like The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges and Queen of Someday by Sherry Ficklin. The magic in Crown's Game and The Gathering Storm were definitely a bonus for me.

I liked that a lot of the story wasn't clear-cut and that there were a lot of entanglements between the characters. It definitely kept me coming back to read.

I was actually kind of disappointed by the ending, but that was mainly before I realized it wasn't a standalone book like I thought. I'm still a little apprehensive about the direction the series is going to take in light of The Crown's Game's ending, but I'm still gonna read it if my library gets a copy of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment