Saturday, April 20, 2013

4.20 Shopping

Mom and I went to a community yard sale and a huge book sale today. I got a peacoat, 403 Pokemon cards (assuming the seller counted them correctly), 3 Pokemon books, a Pokemon RBY game guide, a Pokemon VHS, 3 Peter Pan-related books, a Japanese grammar book, a Stravaganza book, The Secret Garden, 2 Sailor Moon movie VHS, and Sky High on DVD. 

All of this for under $30. 

This was the second time we did this -- the first time was a year ago. I don't remember if both were on the same day or not. Anyway, the yard sale was interesting. I was resigned to not buying anything until Mom pointed out the coat. I wasn't going to get it, but then I found a dollar on the ground. Fate. So I went and bought the coat. And they were also selling the Pokemon cards, so I bought those. I'm really happy about that because I got Lugia, Mewtwo, and Celebi cards (which are rare) for $2. The other 400 cards were $4, which is amazing because I could've gotten a booster pack with 10 cards from Target for about the same price. Most of them were cards I already have or have ones similar to, but there were 31 cards I needed. That doesn't seem like it doesn't recuperate the costs much, but it does considering how much new cards cost. 

The book sale was fun. It's really big and it covers three school gyms. One of them was mostly children's books. So I spent most of my time in there. There was a mom and her son who were looking for Pokemon and Magic Tree House books, so I handed them the ones I could find. Both of them seemed really happy about that. The son also misplaced a toy and I was able to give it back to them. So that was nice. I'm really happy that I found the books I did. And that I found Sky High. I've been wanting to re-watch it for a while, since I've only seen it once in theaters, but I don't like "cheating" by watching it on the internet. It's still shrink wrapped too. 

As of now I'm going to try and save my money. I'm tempted to buy the Animal Crossing 3DS in a few months, but I also would like a new camera / camcorder and possibly an external hard drive, and also to save up for Otakon. And that's obviously not all possible at the same time. If I save all my money it's more feasible, I think. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's a good deal! And it sounds like you had a blast too! :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't know you still used blogger omg i feel like i've been missing out on your entire life
    also hahahahah 4:20

    ReplyDelete