Monday, December 8, 2014

NaNo 2014 Results

I said I'd make a couple posts during November regarding NaNo and I never did ... Anyway! I managed to win NaNo for the second time this year, and I'm super proud of myself (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑ It was a little iffy at times because I had a lot less motivation than I did last year, but I pushed through!


I stayed pretty on-point this year, compared to last year's super mad dash

I wanted to focus more on the second part of the story this year, since I'd done the first part last time, but there are still a lot of holes I have to fill in from last year and I didn't have a very stable canon to work with. However, I did go through and write in some missing scenes from last year's when I got stuck, so I was at least productive. I'm expecting not to finish writing this part until after graduation because it's based on the characters' senior year, which I'm still in the process of experiencing myself. 

But the good news from all of this is that I finally feel ready to start getting feedback on the first part of the story! I printed out the first chapter for a friend to read, and I'm hoping to give it to another friend once I get it back. Hopefully this will be even more motivation to finish up the story, if they're waiting on me to get everything together to keep reading. 

One of these days I'll finally make a post about the story I'm writing. I feel like that would make it easier to talk about rather than having to be kind of vague like this ... 

TL;DR I won NaNo again and I'm getting closer to having a completely finished story I can share with the world! So that's exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment