Saturday, March 26, 2016

Camp NaNo Plans April 2016

This is my 5th Camp NaNo! I love the November NaNos to death, but I think Camp NaNos are a little more fun. They're more flexible with word counts and they usually happen twice a year c: And cabins are really fun even if I never talk to my cabin mates OTL


In case the picture wasn't enough of a clue, I'm going to be working on Casanova this time! I realized during NaNo 2015 that I wasn't nearly as prepared as I needed to be. My plan was to work hard behind the scenes between December and March so I could attack the April Camp NaNo and fill in all the holes I left in my first draft.

... which didn't really happen. I've been doing really well with writing every day, but I haven't done as much research and planning as I was hoping. I've still got a couple days to catch up, so hopefully I'll step it up! (Probably not.)

My word count goal is 15k, which is 500 words a day. That's pretty low of a goal for me, but I'd rather have a realistic goal than overshoot and then fall short. I'm also going to have a lot of school work in April as the semester gets ready to end the second week of May.

I'm doing the same thing as I did in November and only counting Casanova towards my word count goal. I'm hoping that I can reach 25k total including Aperture and any of the other stories I work on, and I also have a stretch goal of writing 18k for Casanova, assuming everything goes well this month.

I have a couple more Camp-related posts coming up in the next month or so! I don't know if you can friend people like you can on the main NaNo website, but here's my profile if you wanna see my progress or send me a message! I'd love to hear from other people participating this April! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment