Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Library Trip: Mar 8, 2016

I finally got to go back to the library!! This was my first time back since early November, when I banned myself from library books to try and force myself to read the books I owned. (Didn't really work.) Today I was able to stop by on the way home from school and I don't think I can properly describe how happy it made me to be back.

There were so many books added since I'd last been, but I only had my school backpack with me and couldn't check out a couple dozen like normal. I really lucked out and found three that I was really looking forward to: The Summer of Chasing Mermaids, Emmy & Oliver, and The Wrath and the Dawn.  

They moved the YA section, so now there are two end cap shelves where they can display collections! They also use the top shelves to display some books face-out, and I think it has a much nicer dynamic than how the books used to be arranged. 

The sign at the top says "fairy tales retold: once upon a twisted time" 

I really liked this display, so I figured I would share the collection work of the librarian that put it together! (Thank you, anonymous librarian!!) It makes me happy to see the YA section get attention like this. 


retelling of: The Twelve Dancing Princesses 

I've read this and the book that comes after it, but I only remember bits and pieces of it. I might try to re-read it soon. 

retelling of: Little Red Riding Hood

I really loved Cruel Beauty and I'd love to read more of Hodge's books. 

retelling of: Maid Maleen

I'd never heard of the story it's based on. Hale has a page about it on her website, which is where the link leads to.

retelling of: Snow White

There's nothing in the blurb about being a Snow White retelling, but someone mentioned it in their review on Goodreads. This is around #300 on my TBR and I didn't realize it. 

retelling of: Snow White

This looks like it's also an origin story, so I'm looking forward to this! This came out recently and I'm surprised I hadn't heard about it yet. 

retelling of: A Thousand Nights

It looks like this might be an "inspired by" than a retelling of the original story. This cover is beautiful

retelling of: Cinderella

Reviews on Goodreads are kind of hit or miss on this one. (I'm still gonna read it.) 

retelling of: Robin Hood

This looks it's actually the conclusion of its series, so I'm surprised they put it on the shelf. I'm pretty sure I checked out the first book a long time ago, but I don't think it was my kind of book. 

So there we go! I actually found some new books through the display, so it definitely did its job! Hope you guys found some new ones too ♥ 

Because I'm still trying to have some accountability, I made myself a shelf of my TBR books I found at my library. Hopefully it'll keep me on track to getting my TBR down! Even though I added 10x more than I checked out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment