Friday, June 24, 2016

Everybody Knows Your Name by Andrea Seigel and Brent Bradshaw

TL;DR characters in a singing competition
TBR #1654, added May 31st 2016
finished 6/16/16

I found this at the library first, rather than encountering it on Goodreads and letting it sit on my TBR for forever. (So the number is a little bit of a misnomer.)

This is a really good contemp portraying intricate character relationships. There's not as much focus on the singing competition itself, but I think it was done pretty well. I'm not sure I would've wanted to read through the majority of the competition. The before and after were much more interesting. I really enjoyed the various relationships that were explored, not just between Magnolia and Ford but with their families and their competition and all the people behind the scenes. A lot more characters were given depth than I was expecting.

I think the ending was a little too open, at least between Magnolia's final decision and the epilogue. I like the ending but it was also slightly anticlimactic the way it was written.

I would definitely consider this a fluffy book, and I'd most likely buy it if I found a copy. I can see myself reading this again in a year or so. This also feels pretty summer-y, so if you're looking for a good contemp to read in the next two months, here you go!

TL;DR this was enjoyable and I'm glad I picked it up from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment