Saturday, July 25, 2015

Fave New Music -- June / July

The two months got combined because of my vacation posts. I ran out of time to post June's.

I just started using my Spotify account in June, and it's been really awesome for finding new music! Unfortunately, I created the account via Facebook, so I can't share my account without giving out my full name :( I'm still really disappointed by this fact, and I would've set up a new account if I'd figured it out before I added like twenty million songs to playlists. (That's kind of an exaggeration. Kind of. I've added a lot.) This isn't a complete list of all the new songs I've found on Spotify, mainly because I'm too lazy for that right now, so I'll either tack them onto the next Fave New Music or just edit them into this post later. 

There was also a lot of music in my June Vacation: Overview post, and I'm not gonna include those in this one. Check out the other post if you're curious about what I listened to on our vacation! 


I found this through one of the music channels that my grandmother put on the TV at a party thing she held. It played a lot of pop music, and this was one of the things I hadn't heard before. I really like the feel of it and I'd honestly like to find more songs like it. 

I associate this with the vacation we took even though I only listened to the playlist I made about once;; I always try to make new playlists for vacations, but this time I rarely ever touched it! Anyway, I love the mood of the song ♪ I knew the piano at the beginning sounded familiar from the first time I heard it, but I only learned recently that it was a sample of "Praise You", which I vaguely remember my parents listening to when I was younger. (I'll still listen to it occasionally now that I've found it again.) 


I associate this song with Aperture, but I'm not sure if that's because of the song itself or if it's because the song I associate with it most right now is also by Walk the Moon. I love Walk the Moon right now though. They're second behind Owl City. 


I found this through an artist I follow. I'm not really into Celtic Woman, but I like the vibe of Dulaman and Teir Abhaile Riu. They help with drawing sometimes. 

I'm a huge fan of Owl City, so I'd known about the song coming out, but I hadn't listened to it until a Facebook friend shared a link to it and said, "Message for all my recent grads!!" I really needed to hear this. I'm still kind of ignoring the fact that I graduated, but Owl City's songs always make me happy no matter what mood I'm in, and having such an uplifting message paired with the video really made my day. I'm really glad that my friend posted it when she did. 

I'd heard this before on the radio every so often, but for some reason I associate it a lot with the most recent Kid's Choice Awards since they played as it was ending. And for that reason I figured it was a really good pick for my vacation playlist (along with the upbeat mood it has). It didn't actually make it onto my playlist though;; I bought it but forgot to add it, so I never actually listened to it on the trip. I think the lyrics did apply, though. I had a lot of fun on vacation. 


I found this through Spotify. It reminds me of Inside Out for some reason that I still can't figure out. It's a really cute and upbeat song. 

I also found this through Spotify and it kind of has the same vibe as Dulaman, but not really. I dunno. It's catchy. 


This kind of reminds me of prom, but I'm not entirely sure why. 

I'm pretty sure I found this through Spotify but I'm not entirely sure how. It's got a very chill vibe, and I'm not quite certain of the story the lyrics tell (I've never paid too much attention), but I like it. 

This vaguely reminds me of our June vacation, but I'm not sure if we actually heard it on the trip or if it's because we could see Calico, California from the highway on the way back to Las Vegas. Who knows. 

I hope you guys found some new music to listen to! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment