Friday, December 18, 2015

Casanova Playlist

I'm back safely from my writing research trip out to Dallas! It was a lot of fun and I'm really happy that it worked out well. I learned even more than I was hoping to on the trip ♥

I'm trying a vertical post this time because it's supposed to be more Pinterest-friendly. I figured I should try it out. Let me know if you think it works any better. 

I said I would have a post about the trip up on the 24th, but I decided to share my Casanova playlist as a separate post. I actually had some troubles with this -- my original playlists are through Spotify and Google Music, but I can't share the Spotify one since it's connected to my Facebook and I can't figure out how to share a Google Music playlist ;;

I ended up compiling a YouTube playlist instead. I usually try to avoid music videos with sound effects or non-music time, but I made some compromises in order to minimize the chances of the videos getting taken down and breaking the playlist.


If this embedded playlist doesn't work, here is the YouTube page for it! It should hopefully play through YouTube if it doesn't want to play through my blog.

Please let me know if any of the songs get taken down so I can replace them! As soon as I figure out how to share my Google Music playlist I'll tack that onto this post as well.

Apologies for this post being really short. I'm still worn out from this weekend and I'm writing this post instead of prepping for my last exam.

I should probably at least include a little bit of an explanation about the music, shouldn't I? The first half of the playlist or so is country music (or at least country-sounding music) since that's where a lot of the aesthetic of Casanova came from for me. "American Kids" was the first song that made the story come together. After I went to the Halsey concert with my friend in October, I switched over to more pop / Top 40 music. I ended up picking a much more suburban setting for Casanova than I initially intended, so the playlist reflects both my initial ideas and what ideas I actually used for the story.

I hope you guys like the playlist ♥ Underneath the cut is a list of all the songs in case the links don't work. Keep an eye out for my post about Dallas and Arlington on the 24th!
  1. American Kids -- Kenney Chesney
  2. Wildfire -- John Mayer
  3. Sitting, Waiting, Wishing -- Jack Johnson
  4. My Moon My Man -- Feist
  5. Long Stretch of Love -- Lady Antebellum
  6. Kick the Dust Up -- Luke Bryan
  7. Sangria -- Blake Shelton
  8. Cowboy Casanova -- Carrie Underwood
  9. Small Town Throwdown -- Brantley Gilbert
  10. Cruise -- Florida Georgia Line
  11. Hold Me Down -- Halsey
  12. Gasoline -- Halsey
  13. Renegade Runaway -- Carrie Underwood
  14. Fake It -- Seether
  15. Confident -- Demi Lovato
  16. Stitches -- Shawn Mendes
  17. Renegades -- X Ambassadors
  18. Bubblegum Bitch -- Marina and the Diamonds
  19. Ex's & Oh's -- Elle King
  20. On My Mind -- Ellie Goulding
  21. Runaway Baby -- Bruno Mars
  22. 2 Heads -- Coleman Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment