Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Winter by Marissa Meyer

TL;DR my favorite series is over and I am dead
(finished 11/15/15)
TBR #17

I've been in love with The Lunar Chronicles since I found Cinder in May of my freshman year. The book was only a few months old at that point, so I've gone through my fair share of waiting for each subsequent book. (I added Winter to my TBR within a few days of joining Goodreads, and it is mindblowing that it was #17 out of a list of 1500!)

I was initially disappointed that Winter's release date was pushed back because of Fairest, but I'm also kind of glad that it happened, to be honest. I loved Fairest and I'm glad that I got to live with the hype for a couple more months. 

There's almost nothing I can talk about without spoiling anything (」゚ペ)」

Let's see. I don't think there was anything I was disappointed in. I mean, I had high hopes and expectations for Winter, and Marissa Meyer met all of them! She actually went above and beyond for one of my expectations, but that one is spoiler-y, so I can't say anything about it \( `⌂´ )/

I'm very happy with how Winter wrapped up the series that has meant so much to me these past four years. I teared up when I reached the end of it. (Part of that was because of Marissa Meyer's acknowledgements.) 

Sorry this review is so short (*/ ヘ\*)I can't think of a way to express how much I loved Winter without spoiling anything OTL I don't want to ruin the book for anybody! 

If you've never read any of the Lunar Chronicles books before, I definitely recommend them! If Cinder is daunting because of its size, at least try out Fairest. The Lunar Chronicles is an amazing, huge fairy-tale sci-fi retelling crossover with wonderful characters. (And it has Sailor Moon influences, which is probably my most favorite part about the whole thing.) 

Looking ahead, I'm really excited for Marissa Meyer's upcoming books! The Lunar Chronicles still has the short-story collection Stars Above. Then comes Heartless and the Gatlon trilogy! I'm really excited to see what Marissa Meyer is going to do in these new worlds. 

TL;DR I am very happy with how my favorite series has ended and I'm looking forward to seeing Marissa Meyer's new stories!

If you've finished Winter, let me know what your thoughts were! I haven't been able to talk to anybody about the ending yet and it's killing me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment