Wednesday, November 9, 2016

NaNo Progress: Days 1 - 8

I have four book reviews I still need to write and post ... but have this post instead.

I did actually try to write the reviews, but I wasn't making any headway on them. I'm writing this post the night of the 8th, and the election results are really stressing me out. (But really, who aren't they stressing?) I did manage to channel this anxiety into my most productive daily word count so far this NaNo. 2,788 words! I specifically wanted to beat the 2.7k I had on the 8th last year.


So far I've been doing well at beating the daily average NaNo tells me I have. I've been lucky enough to exceed 1,667 words every day, and on the 7th I even reached that goal in under an hour. I'm doing my very best to pad my word counts in case my month starts going downhill.

Luckily, I've got most of my school deadlines out of the way for right now, so I'm feeling pretty confident so far. My only worry is my outline -- while I did make one this year, and put a lot more detail in than normal, I'm going through it faster than I expected. I'm worried that I'll get to the middle of the month and have no more ideas because I've written everything I had in my outline.

Of course, last year was completely BSing any direction I had, so I'm not too worried about what will happen if I do reach the end of my outline before I expected. I can also always go through and make sure I fill in scenes that I skipped. I was doing really well at writing chronologically the first couple of days, but I'm starting to skip around again.

At this point I'm confident that I can put together at least the first few chapters and have something that can be read by someone that's not me. My ultimate goal for NaNo is to get the entire book that way, but I'm happy that I made at least a start on that.

I've been posting daily screenshots of my writing on twitter. I might compile them at the end of the month in my review blog post (or at least the ones I like the most). I'll probably make another update post in about a week since I've hit a blogging lull recently ...

No comments:

Post a Comment