Saturday, November 12, 2016

Paper Towns by John Green

TL;DR Quentin gives up the last two weeks of high school for Margo
TBR #1782, added Sept 17, 2016
library ebook hold placed 10/15, #2 in queue; received 10/17
finished 10/28/16

This is going to be a short review for right now! I've been too busy to sit down and write my reviews recently. Hopefully I can improve this post once I get home tonight!

~

I read this specifically so I could make a map of it lol. My cartography class had a "literary map" project, and I couldn't think of any books I owned that I wanted to do, so I checked out a Paper Towns ebook.

I didn't connect with any of the characters, and Quentin got on my nerves from how much he focused on Margo. I didn't like Margo as a love interest and the focus of the remainder of the book, but I can appreciate her own motivations outside of Quentin.

The book had a lot less action outside of the one night of shenanigans, but there was some nice character reflection and growth.

All in all I don't regret reading it, but it definitely wasn't as hypable as pop culture made it seem. So far I haven't absolutely loved John Green's writing--but I can understand why some people enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment