Sunday, November 27, 2016

Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas

TL;DR high fantasy assassin girl
TBR #223, added Mar 1, 2013
library ebook hold placed 8/16/16; #59 in queue; received 10/3, #3
finished 10/17/16

I decided to give Throne of Glass a chance since I've enjoyed the ACOTAR series so far. I put it off since high fantasy doesn't seem to be my thing, but since I liked ACOTAR, I figured it didn't hurt to at least attempt reading it.

Throne of Glass definitely isn't something I'd normally read. I wouldn't have made it all the way through without having first read ACOTAR and ACOMAF and having the faith in Maas that she would make it worthwhile.

I do think it was a worthwhile read, but I don't know at what speed I'm going to get through this series. I'm willing to continue on with it but I'm much more invested in ACOTAR at this point ... I think just because of the fairy tale-ness of it. ToG has its own strengths and is nicely different (rather than having the same aesthetic). The main character was more than I expected -- I haven't had much success with similar high fantasy books before, I guess -- and I liked the prince, too. And his guard guy. I can't remember any of their names :( I'm hoping to see more of the girl's past as the series progresses.

Wow, I really don't have much to say OTL. I didn't retain all that much about my read. School has been kind of killing me lately, and I've been doing NaNo, so I've deleted a lot of info out of my head ... I really need it to be winter break already.

TL;DR it was worth the time (and the wait) but I'm more biased towards ACOTAR. I'll give the second book a try but I don't know when I'll get around to getting my hands on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment