Monday, December 12, 2016

The Mermaid's Sister by Carrie Anne Noble

TL;DR family isn't always blood
TBR #1793, added Nov 12, 2016
finished 11/15/16

I downloaded this because it was included in Amazon's Prime Reading. I'm glad I decided to check it out!

The aesthetic of the book was very cute and fairy tale-like, which was what I was hoping for. I really enjoyed the relationships the main characters had with each other. I was a little disappointed that Maren wasn't as big of a character as I was expecting, though. Like, she's the driving force behind the plot, but she's just kind of there for a lot of the book.

The plot also didn't have as much ... momentum as I was expecting? I was hoping for all sorts of adventures and shenanigans but they get stuck with one problem for most of the rising action. I mean, it was a good challenge for them, and it was interesting, but I thought there would be more variety in what they faced. Maybe it's just me.

This is a standalone book so it's perfect if you want a good read without committing to a series!

TL;DR I enjoyed my read but the plot and one of the characters weren't quite what I was expecting, and that was a little more disappointing to me than it should have been. Other than that it's a great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment