Sunday, February 1, 2015

Fairest by Marissa Meyer

TL;DR Queen Levana actually has a really really depressing backstory.
(finished 1/26/15)


I have to be honest, only Marissa Meyer would be able to make me sympathize someone like Queen Levana.

Queen Levana is the antagonist of the Lunar Chronicles series and is basically just an evil queen from the moon trying to forcefully take over earth. She's a pretty terrifying antagonist within the first three books.

She's a little more terrifying in Fairest, but oh my god I never expected to feel this bad for her. Her history is incredibly just fate stacked against her constantly, and she tries her best to persevere, but she ends up becoming the evil queen from Cinder by the end.

I honestly don't really know how to review this out of context of the Lunar Chronicles because that's been my fave go-to since I discovered it, but I also think that this would make a really good intro to the series if you're torn on Cinder. You won't notice all the plot setup if you read Fairest first, but it's a perfect length to both set up Levana and the recent Lunar history and set the entirety of the Lunar Chronicles in motion.

And it was also really fun to read in the break between Cress and Winter and see Levana set herself up for what happens regarding the four girls, pretty much.

Long story short, you should definitely read it.

Fairest was released on the 27th, but I've learned that the bookstore closest to my house will release the Lunar Chronicles books a few days early, and I've decided to use that to my advantage. It's really fun. I'm going to miss it when Winter comes out.

My favorite book series is going to end this year and I don't know how to handle it ∑(;°Д°)

No comments:

Post a Comment