Saturday, February 28, 2015

Books I Need to Read in 2015

I decided to dedicate a blog post to all the books I own and haven't read yet! They've been kind of stacking up lately, and I feel kind of guilty for it.
I couldn't decide which picture looked better, especially because I accidentally left some books out of the right one ...

I'm gonna sort them into two categories under the cut and talk about the books a little bit more, so click through if you're interested! 


Books bought
  • Noragami Vol 1 by Adachi Toka I bought this at Anime USA 2014 along with Sailor Moon Vol 12 because I'd finished the anime recently and buying two manga volumes brought the individual prices down to below cover price. I don't usually buy manga anymore, but I'm really hoping it was worth it considering how much I enjoyed the anime.
  • El ladrón del rayo by Rick Riordan and Artemis Fowl: El mundo subterráneo by Eion Colfer These books are kind of an exception because I've read them in English. I bought both because I'm not taking a Spanish class this year in high school, and I figured it would be a good way to practice my reading skills with stories I'm already familiar with. I've learned that it's harder than I expected ...
  • The Feros by Wesley King I bought this because I found it at a used book sale. I liked The Vindico, but enough time had passed that I went and re-read it before trying to tackle The Feros. It was kind of pointless, though, because I still haven't read The Feros. I'm hoping I won't have to re-read the first book a third time before I can finally read it. 
  • The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen I honestly forgot I had this book;; I have a bookmark about halfway through, but I've forgotten almost all of the details, so I'm going to start over. I don't even remember what year I bought this book. 
  • Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry, Peter Pan in Scarlet by Geraldine McCaughrean, and Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie (I couldn't find the version of the original Peter Pan I have -- it's from the Country Inn & Suites library system.) I actually found all three books at the same book sale, and I've never actually read the original Peter Pan. I've really been meaning to read these books since they look so cute. 
  • Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike I actually own an ARC of this, and I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to buy / sell those, but I found it at a used bookstore and I wanted to say I own an ARC of some sort;; 
Books given to me
  • Gated by Amy Christine Parker This is actually an ARC my school librarian gave to me! I have a feeling it's going to be kind of creepy / unnerving, so I've been kind of holding off on it, but I am pretty intrigued by the premise. 
  • The Distance Between Us by Reyna Grande I also got this from my school librarian as part of a book club, but I never actually read it by the time we had our meeting;; I had a lot of fun at the meeting, though, and everybody seemed to like it. 
  • Defy by Sara B. Larson My friend gave this to me because her sister no longer wanted her copy. The top reviews on Goodreads aren't very high, so I'm a little bit wary. 
  • Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff I carried around the paperback of Stormdancer in my bag for probably close to a year -- the premise and worldbuilding were really interesting, but I had a paperback copy with a small font and I had trouble trying to keep my focus on it. I think that's kind of carried over into why I haven't read Kinslayer. My grandmother also bought me the first two books in the series so I could read them before her, but she ultimately DNFed Stormdancer fairly close to the end, so I never really had a push to finish Kinslayer in any amount of time. 
Books lent to me
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling My grandmother lent me her copies of the Harry Potter series, and I unfortunately have been stuck on this book for well over a year;; It's probably going to have a permanent mark from where my bookmark is. I took it with us on a spring break trip, but when we got back home, I stacked more books on top of the remaining Harry Potter books, and they've been there ever since. 
The Harry Potter books were the driving reason behind this post, to be honest. I wanted to catalog what books I had that were preventing me from finishing them and getting them out of my room and back to my grandmother. 

Hopefully I can knock out a good chunk (if not all) of these books this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment