Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy

TL;DR lots of action / adventure and magic

I honestly don't really know how to describe Skulduggery. My friend recommended it to me and I found it by chance at the library. The goodreads description isn't really all that good at all. Basically, Stephanie gets wrapped up in Skulduggery's world by accident and refuses to let the chance of adventure pass her by. 

It was actually a really good read. It went pretty quickly, so I would sit down to read a few pages and I'd realize that I read a lot more pages than I thought. The character relations were really amusing and I loved the amount of snark they all had. 

It felt a little middle grade-ish, and I can't tell from goodreads if it's supposed to be or not -- it's shelved on both YA and Childrens shelves. It'd definitely be good if you liked the Percy Jackson series. The magic elements were described well and there wasn't an overwhelming amount of "well this sucks" despite the actual plot. 

Review TL;DR I'd definitely say at least try it, especially if you're good with MG books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment