Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Omakase Box Review: January

This year, Otakon partnered with Omakase with an amazing deal: register for Omakase between Jan 11th and the 23rd, and get your Otakon badge at a 100% discount! (In other words, for free. They worded it just about every way but calling it free.) 

Considering my Otakon badge last year was $90 including shipping, I was all for this deal. I'm very depressed with the thought of having to pay adult badge rates now that I'm 18, so this was a good way to trick myself into thinking that I didn't have to deal with it yet.

(Katsucon is going to kill me OTL) 

Anyway, I figured this was a good opportunity to review Omakase! I've been curious about a couple different subscription boxes, but I've never had an excuse to try one out before. 

As a disclaimer: I don't watch Naruto. I went into this with the intention of passing on the contents of the box to friends who did. I have very little background knowledge about Naruto. 

So let's begin!




This is what the box looked like. I like the fact that it has Naruto symbols printed on it. I was surprised by how fast it shipped! It arrived within three days of getting the confirmation email. 


I opened the box upside down. Learn from my mistake. The top of the box has a wrapped box printed on it. (I forgot to take a picture of it.) 


This is what the contents look like when you open it upside down.



All the contents! The picture at the bottom left is the opposite side of the image below. 

Here's an explanation of all the contents. I think it's really helpful, especially considering I don't know anything about Naruto. There are four exclusive items, two of which are figurines. 

The printing on the inside of the box is really cute!

So, even though I know nothing of Naruto, I think the box was a really good deal. The box is definitely cheaper than trying to buy the items individually, and it looks like it was a good selection. I'm really glad that Omakase and Otakon partnered up! I'd totally buy another Omakase box if they do a series that I like.

An Omakase subscription also includes access to Viewster, which is a video streaming service on par with Netflix or Crunchyroll. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but I'll update this post if I do! They have more than just anime so I think having Viewster access and Omakase is an awesome deal if you are able to utilize both of them.

The next box will be Vocaloid, so I'd recommend trying it out! Let me know what the Vocaloid box is like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment