Sunday, January 8, 2017

Midnight Star by Marie Lu

TL;DR the apocalypse is impending
TBR #1767, added Aug 31, 2016
finished 12/26/16

I finished another series! Yay! I actually read through the entire thing in less than a year -- I finished The Young Elites in, like, May.

This was definitely a good and satisfying conclusion to the whole thing, but it also wasn't quite what I was expecting. I thought Adelina would be a little bit more ... resistant than she was. I guess maybe she was just weary, or knew she didn't stand much of a chance digging in her heels, but the ending went a lot more smoothly than I expected. I guess I was kind of hoping for a bad-end? Almost all book series end on a (fairly) nice note, so I figured this series would be my best bet at finding a "game over" kind of ending.

Surprisingly I don't have much else to say OTL

Overall I definitely enjoyed this series and I'm glad I decided to pick up The Young Elites from the thrift store. (Though, I think I passed my copy on to a friend ...) Marie Lu is definitely one of my favorite authors and I'm looking forward to whatever she does next.

I'd also definitely love to revisit the world, whether it's exploring the rest of the Elites (especially Maeve and Lucent!!) or the aftermath of the conclusion. I sincerely hope we get at least a short story or a novella or something that utilizes this setting again.

TL;DR I definitely recommend this series! It's definitely dark and has some serious CWs to it but it was a good read all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment