Saturday, January 14, 2017

The Heir by Kiera Cass [DNF review]

TL;DR role-reversed America Singer 2.0
TBR #1779, added Sept 17, 2016
DNF 12/25/16

This review's gonna be really short. Honestly, I have no idea why I decided to pick this up, because I thought I swore I was done with The Selection series. (Though trends suggest I'm a masochist so like .....)

I will admit that I was kind of curious about Eadlyn, but she sure killed that quick. She was more of a brat than I felt like dealing with, and so were just about all the other new characters introduced. And I never cared enough about America and Maxon's story (or any of the other characters) to truly care about their "happily ever after".

I'll concede that it was an interesting enough premise -- enough to get me to be like, "eh, what the hell, let's try it". I'm just too bitter to actually enjoy any of this series. If you read The Selection series because you actually enjoyed it, then you might actually like The Heir? Though I only got to the point where the boys were introduced before I lost interest and decided to move on.

TL;DR it was pretty standard for the series in the small bit that I actually did read and I decided to sacrifice The Heir back to the library in order to check out different books.

No comments:

Post a Comment