Monday, January 2, 2017

Goals for 2017

I found my goals for 2016 post, and I've gotta say, I did better than I expected!

  • I wrote every day of 2016 instead of just 70% of the days! (Though to be fair I did change that goal to "every day" shortly after I made that post ... but I did manage to reach it!) 
  • I do kind of have a readable draft of Casanova, though I haven't checked it past putting together the scenes I had in my outline. So like, I do have a chronological draft, I just don't know if it makes sense yet lol
  • I posted here every 3 days! I did take a couple cheat days where I posted "I forgot to write something for today OTL" but like ... that's technically still a post ...
So what are my goals this year? 



1. Keep writing every day

My (updated) goal for 2016 was to reach at least 500 words every day, which was definitely a good challenge, but I think I'll be a little more forgiving with myself this year. Pushing myself to get 500 words every night was definitely hard some nights.

(Though I could definitely fix this problem by doing my writing earlier in the day ...) 

2. Work on more writing projects

I think I still have this lingering fear that if I have too many writing projects ongoing at the same time, that I'll never get very far with any of them. (Which, I guess is true in some respect?) I have a bunch of ideas I've amassed over the years that I'd love to do at least something with, though. 

This past month I started writing for a story idea I'd literally come up with that day, which is really unusual for me. And I enjoyed it! It gave me the courage to try out a couple different ideas and even finally start writing out an idea I'd been working on for almost two years.

This year I'm hoping to keep a "misc" column in my word count Excel sheet for little projects I'm not actively trying to draft. I've proven to myself that I can keep myself dedicated to the big projects so there's no reason I can't shake things up a little and try out some new ideas. 

3. Talk to more people

This is definitely the most ambitious goal lol. I'm super introverted but I've gotten better at holding up my end of conversations and going out to do things with friends. I actually decided on this goal because of tumblr; I want to get better at sending people messages and holding up conversations online. (In all honesty, this goal is just so I can maybe make more internet friends.) 

This goal isn't really measurable other than, like, the frequency of sending messages lol. It's just something I wanted to commit to so I'd maybe get somewhere with it. 


I set three goals last year, so I'm gonna keep with that again lol. I guess continuing to post here every three days is a goal, but that's also the blogging schedule I decided on, so I don't think that really counts. 

Here's to hoping that 2017 is a much better year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment