Thursday, March 12, 2015

Aperture Music

EDIT: Grooveshark is no more :( Most of the links I have in this post have broken, but please check the Google Doc link at the bottom! Hopefully soon I'll re-make all of my now-defunct Grooveshark playlists into YouTube ones.

Today I decided I'd share the playlists I've made for writing my NaNo, Aperture! I don't usually get to talk much about my NaNo, mostly because it's such an organized hot mess right now, but the music has stayed pretty consistent since I first organized the playlists.

A lot of the songs have been chosen because of their lyrics -- there's honestly a lot of Fall Out Boy music;; Some of them I picked because of their mood / feel alone. 

I don't know if this is going to embed correctly;; This is a playlist for the series in general.

I've also made playlists for each of the characters: Quinn, Nate, Fel,and Sol. If you look at the song titles and the lyrics closely enough, you can probably figure out their "secrets", or what they end up having to tell the other three about by the end of the first book. 

I guess this isn't a very impressive post, but I figured I'd take a break from all the book reviews I've been posting lately. (That, and I haven't finished one in time to write a review to post;; ) 

I think in the near future I'll make a post of some of the music I really enjoy outside of Aperture-related stuff, once I can organize it into some coherent playlist. I don't really like 8tracks, and YouTube can be a little inconvenient because videos aren't always just the music, but I've also run into problems with Grooveshark removing certain songs due to copyright. I had to update half the playlists to add back in songs that had been removed since the last time I checked. 

I uploaded a list of the songs in each playlist to a Google Doc in case Grooveshark removes any of them before I update the playlists again. (There's a sixth playlist listed at the bottom, but because those characters don't come into play at first, I didn't think I needed to list them. It's here if you're really interested.)

Hopefully I'll be able to post more about Aperture soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment