Monday, April 20, 2015

Procrastination

Gonna totally go for a meta post since this is last-minute, too x(

Anyway, in case you guys didn't know, I'm a huge procrastinator. As in, I waited until about 10:30pm Sunday night to start the homework I got on Friday. (And I still haven't finished all of it at the time I'm writing this. Shh.)

For a while I had actually cut down my procrastinating to a minimum. When I first started posting regularly again, I usually had a few posts scheduled at any one time. Definitely none of this "write the post two hours before it goes up". Which I did with the Pinterest one. Then again, that might have just been a honeymoon phase of sorts ...

I think a lot of the recent procrastination is coming from the fact that graduation is pretty imminent. It's a mixture between "why can't it be summer already" and "oh god there's a lot going on next month".

And I realize that procrastination isn't the best answer. At all. I think it's mainly just self-preservation -- I mean, if I push something off long enough, I only have to full-out stress over it for only a little bit.

(I know that's a bad theory. I don't know how to explain why I wait to do my homework until the last possible second recently. I mean, I played Little Alchemy for three hours instead of doing my Lang homework, which literally just took me about 15 minutes. Ironically, I'm still not done with the game.)

I'm probably going to be kicking myself all through May. We'll see.

TL;DR this post really doesn't have a point other than to have something to guilt-trip myself about. Because it's sad when I have to write a post about procrastination because I'm procrastinating.

1 comment:

  1. Times are tough! It's hard but some things need to be a bigger priority than others, and at times that can be hard in many different ways. Be strong! You're worth it!

    ReplyDelete