Saturday, January 23, 2016

Spring Semester 2016

As much as I've loved winter break, I'm ready to go back to school. The spring semester is supposed to start on Monday, but I highly doubt we're going to school at all next week. There's a lot of snow outside right now, and it's not supposed to stop anytime soon. #jonasblizzard



I've been in the "advanced" track in school basically since kindergarten, so I got a lot of classes done earlier than I should have. (Which was why I had the laziest senior year out of anybody.) I took five AP tests in high school and ended up earning myself 24 credits even before I took any college classes. My school considers me a sophomore already.

Last semester I took the dreaded math and speech classes I needed, so I'm done with all the classes I don't want to take! I've really lucked out that my college offers courses that align with what I need and still are interesting to me.

So what am I taking this semester?

All the things I nerd out about! :D

Intro to Geography (Geog 101)

I should've taken this last semester, but oh well! I passed Physical Geography with no problem, so this class I could probably pass in my sleep.

Global Geography

I have the same professor for both geography courses, so I'm going to be seeing them every day. Hopefully they're nice. To be honest I'm not quite sure what I'm going to be doing in this class. The catalog description doesn't help me out much. It's listed as a class I should take my second semester, though, so at least I'm on track with this one.

Meteorology: Intro Weather

I was actually a weather nerd before I became a geography nerd, and this class counts towards my science credit, so it's like a double bonus. It's definitely going to be my hardest class (the longest, at least), but I'm super excited to get a more formal background in weather. We learned a little bit in Physical Geography but I still want more. And hopefully my knowledge from Physical Geog will help me out!

Italian 101

I actually don't need this class at all; I can count at least two AP tests towards my humanities credit. One of my friends wanted to take a language for his, though, and I needed another class to make sure I was a full-time student. Italian was the first one we found that worked out for both of us. In all honesty, I should've pushed for a German class, but I'm hoping that Italian will be easy between 6 years of Spanish and teaching myself French. (I'll probably take German in the fall if it works out.)

So in total this means I'm taking 13 credits! I've only gotten one full syllabus from a teacher so far, so the first week of school will probably be stressful trying to get everything together. I also don't know how the curriculums will change if we miss school because of this blizzard, so that should be an adventure!

Good luck to everyone this semester ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment