Sunday, May 1, 2016

Camp NaNo Results Apr 2016

April and Camp NaNo are officially over! (And I'm a week out from finals, crying forever.) I didn't make an update post because of how my post schedule worked out, so here's just the final wrap up!

I chose Casanova like I did for the November NaNo in 2015. My word count goal for this month was 15k, but I also set a stretch goal of 18k. Which I then upped to 20k.

My final word count was 22,539! This averages out to 777 words a day.

I really like line graphs ... Anyway, I had a couple days this month where I was busy or pretty uninspired, but I managed to meet the minimum word count goal of 500 words each day! I'm really proud of how I did. 

This is the bar graph combined with the rest of the writing I did this month. I worked on Aperture some, but it only adds up to 6.5k. I wanted to work more on it the past couple days but couldn't find the inspiration to write anything. 

I wrote 29k total this month between the two stories, which met the goal I'd set of 25k total. I'd totally forgotten about this goal until now and I'm surprised that I still beat it nonetheless ;; 

I made a chart of my Camp average word count over the course of the month. This was completely unnecessary in all honesty but I think it's cool to see how it changed over the course of the month. (I also should've made it orange tbh)

I did a lot of story development this month! I finally named two main characters and I found a better reasoning for source of the main conflict. I also succeeded in using Casanova over Aperture in terms of writing out my experiences and feelings of the day. Most of them were scenes of Carter procrastinating on various homework assignments.
(Not hard to guess what I did a lot of this month.) 

I think I burned myself out this month, though, and I still need to do some fine-tuning before I can fill in all the scenes I keep skipping in favor of Toni yelling at Carter to do his work. (Toni was the voice of my conscious this month ngl.) 

May is looking to be pretty busy and chaotic so far, so I'm going to let back on my goals for this month and just keep it at 500 words a day in general. I'm going to give Casanova a break and hopefully give Aperture the attention it didn't get in April. I'd also like to poke at a couple ideas I haven't done much with.

All in all I'm really happy with how I did this month! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment